SKEDD technology has been verified and validated in cooperation with SGS Germany GmbH, an independent testing and laboratory services company accredited by the German national accreditation body DAkkS (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH). Here the emphasis was placed on high electrical reliability, robustness towards environmental influences, easy handling and mechanically stable - and direct - connection between the plug connector and the circuit board.
The following tests have been successfully passed among others:
- IEC 60068-2-60: 1995-12
Environmental tests: Flowing mixed gas corrosion test
- IEC 60068-2-2: 2007-07
Environmental tests: Dry heat
- IEC 60068-2-6, -2-27, -2-57
Shock and vibration
- IEC 60512-2-1: 2002-02
Connectors for electronic equipment
Electrical continuity and contact resistance tests; test 2a: Millivolt level method
- IEC 60068-2-14: 2009-01
Environmental tests: Change of temperature
- IEC 60068-2-30: 2005-08
Environmental tests: Damp heat, cyclic (12 + 12 hour cycle)
The Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration (IZM) successfully qualified SKEDD on the basis of the requirements from the test code for automotive plug connectors (LV-214).
Compliance was demonstrated through the following sequence of tests:
- Thermal aging 1000 h; 105 °C
- 5x plugging
- 3 test cycles each with the following tests:
- Thermal shock test: 70 cycles; -40 °C / 125 °C; 40 min cycle time
- Temperature change with current load: 20 cycles; -40 °C / 80 °C; 6 h cycle time; 15 A load current
- Damp heat: 7 cycles; 25 °C / 55 °C; 93% / 97% 24 h cycle time
- Temperature change with current load: 20 cycles; -40°C / 80°C; 6 h cycle time; 15 A load current
- Vibration: Broadband noise; -40°C / 85°C; 3 h per axis; acceleration 30 g
- The failure criterion was defined as an excess of the total contact resistance of 5 mΩ per single pin.
Moreover, SKEDD is validated by and for customer solutions for various application profiles and different industries.